UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2008, 8:13 pm   #61
telstar
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Swapmeet in North West (23rd Nov)

Hi. I enjoyed my day out at the radio event. I managed to get to meet some radio collectors, some from this forum. I eventually bought a Strad 553W radio (I like sets that were made by RM Electric as STRAD).
It is lucky for me that the trains from Leeds were diverted via N.L.W (they usually travel via Warrington, due to railway works. It would have been more expensive from Warrington station to the event by taxi.
Regards
Mike
Old 28th Nov 2008, 8:39 am   #62
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

A very good event I thought. Thanks for the entry policy clarification Paul.
My brother often drives me as, even when insured and with access to a vehicle, it's not always a good idea for me to be behind the wheel! As the saintly Dilys was manning the door we were ok anyway but it's good to have it "official". I presume that the intention is primarily to keep out expoitative "traders" so a little flexibility is a good idea as it boosts revenue and perhaps, membership. I did wear my badge but didn't see many others. Mushy Mike got his TL12 for the Dynatron. I met Dave [Craenet] who visited the Ramsbottom storage unit/hostel later in the day. Sorry I didn't come acoss you Mike P or people like Ed D from further North.My limited N West stay meant it was wasn't worth lighting the boiler on the Ramsbottom computer so I was off line for two weeks and not getting pm's.
Dylis had us signing in on the Starship log which seemed to be up to 137 by the time Phil and I arrived so a very good turn out that filled up the car park without overspill into the district [as was the case with the Amateur Radio Rally I attended]. Found some Radio Constructors for the collection and it was me that bought the Codar RX fom a relieved lady [spouse?] who said [with deep feeling] you can buy anything you want! Thanks again to Mark, Mike B and everyone else involved. Dave W
Old 29th Nov 2008, 12:19 am   #63
Cre8anet
Pentode

..Adding my thanks to Mark and Mike & family, et al, who made it a good day out.

Well done and glad all the set up efforts were justified!

Thank you!

Dave