UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jun 2019, 9:19 pm   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Tefi schallband cartridge library completed

Good evening,
Here is a project I undertook over the course of the weekend. I have a growing collection of Tefifon cartridges and having a box to store them in was not ideal. The cartridge cases are particularly fragile.

I have seen that the Tefi company produced an under unit for cartridge storage for their radiogram models which had the same footprint as the radiogram and made it more of a floor standing console radio. The likelihood of finding one is very slim and only holds about 20 cartridges anyway and I have many more than one would hold.

I decided that a wall mounted unit would be much better and so designed and built a wall rack tailored to the cartridge size. I purposely over sized it as I am sure more cartridges will be added in the future. I had to remove my whiteboard and fit it to another wall but the rack was fitted to the wall this morning and I spent a pleasing evening putting all of the cartridges in numerical order. I am also in the process of cataloguing them all to produce a library of their contents. I am certainly very pleased with the home made rack and it looks a lot better than I had imagined.

My wife likes it too but now wants me to make her one for her shoes!!

Christopher Capener
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tefi library.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	184877  
Old 10th Jun 2019, 10:06 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Tefi schallband cartridge library completed

Very neat, Chris. That’s quite a library you’ve amassed there, probably one of the biggest single collections of this type of cartridge.

I once made the mistake of asking my wife how many pairs of shoes she actually needed. She replied, “About the same number as you have radios”, with which I couldn’t argue.

Get building the shoe rack...

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread