UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Aug 2018, 11:00 am   #1
miamigo1964
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig Satellit 3000 cloudy lenses

Hi, I have a Grundig satellite 3000, the lens on all three display windows appear milky or cloudy, can they be cleaned or restored, or is it a replacement job, thanks, John
Old 4th Aug 2018, 11:11 am   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Grundig Satellit 3000 cloudy lenses

I dont know the Satellite 3000, but I have used Brasso wadding to polish the plastic cases and plastic dial lenses of my transistor radios. If the dial is really bad then various grades of sandpaper from 600 grit to 1200 grit, then Brasso to finish.
However do not use this where there is any printing on the plastic as it will remove it.

Mike
Old 4th Aug 2018, 11:44 am   #3
Kentode
Octode

You can also try T-CUT, as used for polishing light scratches out of car paintwork.

Someone on the forum may be able to say if it's safe to try Greygate Paste Polishing No.5.

BVWS member
Old 6th Aug 2018, 4:47 pm   #4
miamigo1964
Retired Dormant Member

I have tried G3 and it has not made much of an impact, I think I will give something like Greygate a try.
Closed Thread