UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2016, 3:46 pm   #1
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Philips EL3581 Manual

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Philips EL3581 Dictaphone. It seems to be intact, despite a few scuffs to the paintwork, and came with two microphones and a foot pedal.

I'm hoping to get it working again, and was wondering if anyone could point me towards a user manual or any other documentation.

So far I've found a couple of circuit diagrams and exploded drawings of the mechanical parts, but unfortunately most of the electronic components are not marked to show their locations on the chassis. Service Data doesn’t seem to have anything on it either.

Any information or general advice on this model would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Liam
Old 31st Mar 2016, 6:37 pm   #2
bojitchko
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips EL3581 Manual

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=49252

Last edited by bojitchko; 31st Mar 2016 at 6:45 pm.
Old 31st Mar 2016, 8:23 pm   #3
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Re: Philips EL3581 Manual

Thanks, I saw that thread earlier. I decided to start a new one because it was a few years old and the original poster received a hard copy of the manual.

I don't think there have been any others although there was one about the EL3582.

I've just had the lid off mine and there is a fair bit of rust and some gooey belts. Looks like it'll need a bit of work.
Closed Thread