UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 17th Jun 2019, 1:54 pm   #1
Backtoreality
Pentode

Default Avometer Model 7 Battery Cover

Hi again,
Just to say I am still looking for an original battery cover for my Avo Model 7. I have made a temporary cover from a Homebase black plastic windscreen scraper but it's just not the same!
David
Backtoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2019, 10:00 am   #2
pmmunro
Octode

Default Re: Avometer Model 7 Battery Cover

David,

What version of Model 7 do you have and what is its age?

Various styles of battery cover were used during over 40 years of production. Various types of phenolic moulded cover were used in the earlier versions but latterly the cover was a flat piece of black painted aluminium alloy with a sponge rubber block self adhering to the back.

It is not too difficult to make a flat cover, and I can give you the dimensions.

PMM
pmmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2019, 3:19 pm   #3
Backtoreality
Pentode

My Model 7 is a Mk 1 with serial number 25952-A 651 which I think means its June 1951. I think it should have the black moulded cover which houses the probes which is what I was after. The case is aluminium with 'crinkle' black paint.
David
Backtoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2019, 5:22 pm   #4
pmmunro
Octode

David,

Your correct; a June 1951 Model 7 should have a phenolic moulded battery cover with slots for probes and a pivoted metal retainer.

There are two types, one for just two simple probes and the other with a broad slot for the ordinary probes and a slot whose groove is stepped to take a clip-on probe. The second type was used for early Model 8s, but I don't know if is was also used on contempanious Model 7s.

PMM
pmmunro is offline   Reply With Quote