UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2007, 9:03 pm   #1
stuie319
Pentode

Default B&O request for help

Hello Folks,

Quick request for help, although not strictly vintage so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Due to the imminent arrival of some house guests it has been decreed that colour television shall live in the sitting room as opposed to 405, so ....
I've aquired a B&O LE6000, well I think they wrote the user manual, philips did the rest. The chassis is very familiar looking but I can't remember the number GR1AX? CP90? Something of that ilk. Favourite old Philips problem as well , the blue harmonic tuning cap has handed in its notice, as of course has the output transistor. The problem is I know neither the value of the cap (9n1 2kv?) nor the number of the transistor; I guess a 508 would do, but is it the version with the integral diode? If any one can shed any light I'd be most grateful!

Incidentally, the set was bought locally for 4.99 and is cosmetically excellent. Since I have a spare Beolink1000 remote, and if the tube is ok, not a bad buy I think

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 28th Jul 2008 at 11:29 am. Reason: S&P
Old 13th Oct 2007, 12:34 pm   #2
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Default Re: B&O request for help

Hi
Good news - it's not a Thomson B&O!!
I think that's a G110 or maybe the similar GR2.1. The 2.1 has less buttons on the front (P+,P-, V+, V- and install) - the 110 has loads.
They used SMDs extensively; the CP110 didn't - the easy way to tell a CP110 is the battery behind the customer controls.
The line output transistor is a BU508AT (G110) and a BU508AT (GR2.1) - no diode, and a good BU508 should do in both cases. The capacitor (2545) is 1n2, 2kV in both chassis.
Hope that's of some help - sounds like a good buy for such a princely sum!
Good luck - and you know the CRT will be good.
Glyn
Old 13th Oct 2007, 8:02 pm   #3
dsergeant
Octode

Yep, I think these are a variant of the G90/G110 and according to reports not one of B&Os best. I had one in a couple of months back which got scrapped as it had a duff tube (which I only found out after changing the line transformer...).

Dave
Old 13th Oct 2007, 9:36 pm   #4
stuie319
Pentode

Glyn,

Thats a great deal of help, its exactly the info I was after, thank you.
The cap is indeed position 2545 and one is on its merry way Thanks again.

Dave,

Your absolutely right of course, its not really B&O fare but a philips in different clothes with beolink remote software. Bit like many of their VCR's were, so its not in the league of say the L2505 or 2508.
That said, from what i remember the philips sets of this age gave respectable pictures if (unlike yours unfortunatly) the tube is any good.
We used to retail these for lots of money. If it works for under a fiver i'll be content

Fingers crossed for the tube being ok.

Regards
Stu
Old 14th Oct 2007, 8:21 am   #5
Michael Maurice

They are GR2.1 or Gr2.2, B&O never used the G110 chassis, they used the CP90 in the MX1500.
Old 17th Oct 2007, 10:01 am   #6
Studio263
Octode

More details here:

http://www.beocentral.com/products/le6000

Not a high point unfortunately. They did a version in the "MX" cabinet" too which sometimes came with a horrible grey plastic back that was the colour of an un-made Airfix kit.

I remember when the LE6000 came out, our local B&O dealer put out a flier proclaiming "B&O for the price of ordinary equipment". Oh dear, at £699 (as I think shockingly they were) it was more the other way round.
Closed Thread