UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2019, 4:18 pm   #1
Mike Noble
Pentode

Default Beolit 400 information

Hi,

I am repairing one of these for a friend and it needs restringing. The data sheet shows how to do it but what diameter string do I need?

Also the telescopic aerial is broken so I would like to remove the aerial above the knuckle and replace just this. Instead of the usual screw there is a pin which does not want to push out in either direction. Am I just not pushing hard enough or is there something I don't know?

Thank you

Mike
Old 27th Feb 2019, 6:21 pm   #2
Studio263
Octode

Default Re: Beolit 400 information

As there is no drive spindle the diameter of the string doesn't really matter, so long as it fits neatly in the grooves of the tuning gang pulley. I use nylon kite string, that works pretty well.

The rod antenna is one assembly, there is no point in separating it at the knuckle. Just order a complete replacement where the outer part of the fixed tube at the bottom is the correct diameter. You may have to make spacers at the bottom to make up the length.
Old 27th Feb 2019, 7:29 pm   #3
Mike Noble
Pentode

Default Re: Beolit 400 information

I've searched ebay but cannot find any of the right diameter where the aerial and knuckle retract into the casing. They nearly all have a connector or a stub below the knuckle hence needing to just replace the aerial above the knuckle.
Closed Thread