UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Jan 2018, 8:01 pm   #1
simpsons
Octode

Default BVWS Which? Report on woodies

Having offered to a BVWS Official at the last Harpendon a Which Report on European v UK FM Woodies, I thought I had better get on with it!!

Is there a BVWS Member(s) local to Harrow, say within 25 miles who would like to jointly prepare and publish an article in the BVWS Magazine comparing say the Grundig 3028 (which I have) v Bush VHF64 (which I don't) and others including Philips 563 (which I have) in a Which? format.

I have a Realistic sound meter, FM transmitter, and through another, an AM Spitfire transmitter, scope, monitor Tannoy Eaton Speakers, audio source and some experience in analysis and writing reports.

I am happy to put aside a room for testing purposes so that it can include a panel of somebody or other, you know where I am comming from. Alternatively a visit to another member should it make better sense. Looking at getting the project underway 1st qtr with findings to meet with BVWS Editororial needs.

Please contact me either by PM or reply to this thread to kick start the project.

Chris
Old 11th Jan 2018, 10:14 am   #2
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: BVWS Which? Report on woodies

Sounds a very interesting project. Sadly I am out of the 25 mile range and my woodies are the more lowly HMV's 1124, 1376 and Bushes VHF 61 and 72.
I hope this interesting project gets off the ground.
Closed Thread