UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Nov 2016, 6:08 pm   #1
IanMcPheerson
Retired Dormant Member

Default Hacker Sovereign Tuning Indicator

Hello All -
I have been given a Hacker Sovereign Cassette Radio in excellent cosmetic condition. Unfortunately the white tuning indicator has become detached from the tuner string (which is in good condition) and I can't for the life of me work out how it was attached/intertwined with the string originally. I could just use a blob of glue or a small wrap of tape but I'd like to get it right if possible.
Can anybody help please?
Thanks,
Ian.
Old 4th Nov 2016, 2:48 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign Tuning Indicator

Hello Ian,

I'm fairly sure the Cassette Sovereign tuning arrangement is the same as that of the Sovereign IV pictured here, which is the same radio minus cassette deck. The indicator is held in place by a single turn of the taut drive cord.

Regards,
Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rp77pointer.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	132208  
Old 5th Nov 2016, 6:34 pm   #3
IanMcPheerson
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign Tuning Indicator

Paul -
Spot on, thank you so much. I had a mental picture of something like that from when I fixed a friend's Cassette Sovereign about 30 years ago but couldn't make it work without the indicator pinging off every time!
I may make contact again when I start to work on the non-functioning cassette player!

Thanks again,
Ian.
Closed Thread