UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Mar 2014, 5:49 pm   #1
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Crosley brand name

When searching for Crosley, most hits on the forum refer to pre-war American radio sets or refrigerators, or to modern reproduction sets.

However some pictures have appeared on rm.org of a British made Crosley TV set from the 1960's. I'm now curious for details of this brand or manufacturer and whether they had anything to do with the American corporation.
Old 20th Mar 2014, 6:58 pm   #2
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Crosley brand name

Hi,
Sorry if I'm stating the very obvious, but have you tried searching different spellings? 'Crossley, Crossly, Crosly'.
Cheers, Pete.
Old 20th Mar 2014, 10:28 pm   #3
emeritus
Dekatron

Default Re: Crosley brand name

You can search for registerered Uk Trade Marks on the Patent Office's web site here:

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find/tmtext.htm

The database includes all registered trade marks back to the 1880's (including those that have lapsed) , but the only owners of crossley/crossly/crossly/crosly trade marks relating to radios etc. are for the American company. NB you can search for "similar" marks and such a search did bring in all the variant spellings when I checked against doing individual searches.

Probably the UK Crossley company never bothered to register their trade mark: there was /is no obligation to do so.
Closed Thread