UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jan 2018, 2:21 pm   #1
AidanLunn
Heptode

Smile TOTP 3rd January 1985, tonight (Friday) 7:30pm, BBC Four

Hello all,

The repeats of vintage Top of the Pops episodes have reached 1985, beginning with the episode giving me the reason for mentioning them here: The final episode to be broadcast on the 405-line system, this one being broadcast on the final official day of 405-line TV transmissions.

So it's time to warm up those valves for a programme from the final night of 405-line television! .

Many thanks,
Aidan Lunn
Old 15th Jan 2018, 1:01 am   #2
beery
Heptode

Default Re: TOTP 3rd January 1985, tonight (Friday) 7:30pm, BBC Four

Hi Aidan,
Thanks for telling us about that.
I managed to catch the last half of it. I watched it on my Bush T36. I tried to watch it on my TV22 as well, but one if its EF91s developed an intermittent fault causing the picture and sound to come and go.
I doubt either of the two sets were working in 1985 in reality.

Anyway, all good fun and I must say I'd forgotten about the rock version of Nelly the Elephant

Cheers
Andy
Old 16th Jan 2018, 2:19 pm   #3
SteveCG
Nonode

Default Re: TOTP 3rd January 1985, tonight (Friday) 7:30pm, BBC Four

Thanks for the programme tip-off.

A 405 line VHS recording of the Frog Chorus (received from Sutton Coldfield on CH B4) from this programme I made at the time was brought back to mind. "So that is what it looked like in colour eh" was what I thought looking at Friday's programme?

As I have mentioned before here, I saw the BBC TV news the following day saying the 405 line system had closed down - except this was in 405 line format on CH B1 H. Pol. from Llandrindod Wells! It went the day after.
Closed Thread