UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Feb 2018, 12:22 am   #1
radiograham
Hexode

Default Marconi 560AC

I recently got this console radio, It dates from 1931. Marconi used the same cabinet for a number of their models at the time, such as the 521AC radiogram and a DC mains version of the same. I wondered, has anyone else restored one of these, or know where I could get service data for them. This is my first ever post on the forum, I hope its OK. Graham.
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 12:57 am   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi 560AC

Hello and welcome.
I can't help with the first part of your query, but others will be able to. The second part is easy to help with: http://www.service-data.com/product....11/4469/e13411
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 6:16 am   #3
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Welcome to the forum, of course it's all right! Always room for a lad from Manchester.
The small charge for the service info helps pay for the forum running costs, if you get bitten by the repair bug, the DVD ROM is excellent value with thousands of sheets.
Old 3rd Feb 2018, 11:29 am   #4
Herald1360
Dekatron

Then there's the challenge of tracking down a complete set of R&TV Servicing books without spending a fortune on postage...... they only need about 6' of shelf!
.........O..Chris....O
Old 4th Feb 2018, 2:50 am   #5
radiograham
Hexode

Hi thanks for the welcome, I have the circuit diagram already. I was hoping somebody would know if there is any original Marconi manuals out there or any info or photos online. I have looked but there doesn't seem to be much available. At the moment it is in bits being restored. I had the radiogram version of this in about 1978 until my mum made me get rid of it, I still have the chassis in the attic and it worked with a bit of coaxing! After being up there for 25 years.
Old 9th Feb 2018, 9:05 am   #6
SeanStevens
Octode

Ian and I have restored a Marconiphone Radiogram 286.

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/marcon...diogram_q.html

If that is similar to yours I may be able to offer some advice.

Please send a PM or post your specific questions here.

SEAN
Old 11th Feb 2018, 5:37 am   #7
radiograham
Hexode

Hi.

Thanks for the offer of help with my radio. Mine is actually a model 560AC which uses the same cabinet as the 521AC radiogram of the same year 1931. The cabinet is in poor condition and will need a complete strip and refinish. I also have a lid and various bits from the r/gram model including the pickup, turntable motor etc. So I am toying with the idea of restoring it as a r/gram. The chassis is identical to this. I am looking for an original service manual and any pictures info on this, there doesn't seem to be much out there. I did find one on a Dutch website I will have to find this again.
Old 12th Feb 2018, 11:31 am   #8
Herald1360
Dekatron

A Google search for "Marconi 560AC schema" will turn up the Dutch site version you mention. It's not manufacturer's info, though.
.........O..Chris....O
Old 12th Feb 2018, 12:20 pm   #9
ms660
Dekatron

Wireless World did a review of the AC version of the Marconiphone 560 in 1931, follow the link below and scroll down to magazine pages 210 to 212 inclusive:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...ld-1931-02.pdf

It gives a picture of the general appearance of the receiver and it's internal layout amongst other things.

Lawrence.
Old 13th Feb 2018, 3:05 am   #10
radiograham
Hexode

Thanks for that info, I didnt think to look on there I forgot they have a lot on English wireless. Graham.

Hi yes, this is the only info I have managed to find to date apart from the circuit, I am about to look on the American Radio History site suggested by Lawrence.
Closed Thread