UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Mar 2008, 10:53 am   #1
Giulio Maiocco
Tetrode

Default Bush TV22 LOPt question

Hello,

I have seen somebody on this forum (maybe Beery?) offering new laminations for the TV22 LOPT, please could someone tell me how risky/difficult is to pull the old laminations from the LOPT and install the new ones? The laminations are quite a bit rusty. Also, how much for a new set of laminations?

Thanks a lot

Giulio Maiocco
Old 11th Mar 2008, 10:23 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV22 question

Hi Giulio, there were 2 types of lamination used used with these transformers. The early unes used a "T" shape, which was expensive and wasteful, the later ones used a longer "I" shape.
The primary windings can be extracted from the EHT overwing with some heat and a little care. This can easily be re-wound. The EHT overwind is virtually impossible to do due to the difficulty of getting the wire. Most faults seem to be on the primary and I have re-wound quite a few of these.
My experiments to produce a modern version of this transformer were only successful in as far as the primary were concerned. A lot more work is needed if I am to produce a non-wavewound EHT winding.

Ed
Old 12th Mar 2008, 10:10 am   #3
Giulio Maiocco
Tetrode

Default Re: Bush TV22 question

Hi Ed,

The LOPT we are talking about is the later model, using the "I" shaped laminations. The transformer is still working, but my friend Angelo (the owner of this TV22) would like to change the laminations, as the ones currently mounted are quite a bit rusted and the core becomes a bit warm... My question is also about the core change of a spare LOPT Angelo is trying to get.

Thanks a lot

Giulio
Closed Thread