UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Oct 2018, 10:27 am   #41
TrevorG3VLF
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Lamp Limiters

What a good idea , it eliminates the frail mains bulb and its high voltage socket.
I too get one filament 12V bulbs for load testing from Ric. In return, I mended his long, fat jump leads.
Old 6th Oct 2018, 11:15 am   #42
TrevorG3VLF
Rest in Peace

I have had a thunk, it happends on rare occasions.
An old style 12V battery charger would do to provide the limiter. It would be necessary to make a series conection board. I might try using my old lamp limiter as the series connection and see what 12V bulbs are best, however, it will need to go into the roundtuit pile.
Old 6th Oct 2018, 4:01 pm   #43
G4_Pete
Hexode

Julie,All,
At the risk of breaking every rule in the KISS handbook( Keep It Simple Stupid) Inspired by your comments and following the theme above of inductive core limiters I am thinking that I could replace the front end transformers in my RMS controller so that they did not saturate at 230 V ie 2 X 115V and then changing the control to an RMS limiter.

But there again I could just put my coat on and stroll up to the hardware shop and buy a few fire glow or blue daylight lamps that I see they still have.

Link to old saturable core thread. see pdf. I still use this thing mainly because it still works and I took a long time to build it!!

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=114419
Pete

Last edited by G4_Pete; 6th Oct 2018 at 4:16 pm. Reason: All, added
Closed Thread