UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Sep 2021, 2:08 pm   #1
Radio Scotland
Heptode

Default Ubitx audio feedback problem.

Recently built an ubitx transceiver version four. The problem with this version is low RX audio. So i added an audio amp and now i have plenty of volume. Problem is i'm getting audio feedback on TX. I read online about a guy who cured it by putting a 5 volt relay on the PTT line which cuts the speaker off during TX. I've tried this but the relay won't active on TX.

Anyone got any ideas on why this is ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.
Old 2nd Sep 2021, 10:31 pm   #2
Radio Scotland
Heptode

Default Re: Ubitx audio feedback problem.

Well after doing a bit of research it seems i need to use a ''low level relay'' But not sure how to wire it