UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Mar 2018, 10:23 am   #1
normanmk1
Triode

Default WS19 variometer seating plate

Hi,
I am needing to make up a seating plate for my variometer, could someone kindly supply me with the dimensions? I estimate that it is about 6" long by 4" wide - does that sound about right? Also is this a flat plate or are the long edges turned up a bit to add support to the packing block
I am then going to have to make up the packing block - any idea what material I should use? Plastic?
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.Thank you.
All the best,
Kevin.
Old 18th Mar 2018, 8:47 am   #2
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Default Re: WS19 variometer seating plate

Kevin,

May not help you much but attached is a photo of a plate I sold on ebay several years ago. A wise move to make your own, mine sold for more than the WS19 that I auctioned at the same time!

Cheers

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19 Set_variometer_plate.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	159437  
Old 18th Mar 2018, 12:42 pm   #3
G4XWDJim
Octode

I have a drawing I made of the curved Ebonite/Bakelite block with measurements noted but I moved house recently and it's still in storage. In a month's time I can help if you're not in too much of a hurry.

It measures about 5" x 3" from memory.

Jim
Old 18th Mar 2018, 6:29 pm   #4
normanmk1
Triode

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies.
Roger - It has surprised me just how expensive the ancillary bits and pieces are, so if I can make them I will!
Jim - If you could let me have the measurements, when you are sorted, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

All the best, Kevin.
Closed Thread