UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2020, 3:45 pm   #1
mark1965
Diode

Default New member. Ultra radiogram question

Hi just become the owner of a ultra radiogram model 6330.
I have a few queries if anyone can answer.
Is this a mono or stereo model as I only have sound coming from the RH speaker (although sound is very loud)
Is the stacking spindle removable as it doesn't seem to want to come out.
What cartridge/stylus does it need.
Thanks in advance
Mark
Old 19th Feb 2020, 4:20 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: New member. Ultra radiogram question

If the fault is on both radio and record player, then there will likely be a fault in one of the amplifiers. If the fault is just when it's on the record player, then it'll likely be the cartridge that's at fault. Don't spend any money on a replacement stylus until you've confirmed that the radiogram is repairable, as cartridges can be expensive if needed and will need a specific stylus anyway. Also, amplifier faults are usually the output transistors which can be a difficult fix for a novice. It could be something as simple as a bad connection to a speaker or dirty switch contacts - we need more information from your good self.
Old 19th Feb 2020, 5:00 pm   #3
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Your Radiogram is a Stereo model. The centre stacking spindle on the BSR autochanger should easily pull out. Make sure you note its correct location as you remove it. If ever needed, replacement cartridges and styli are still available and will cost on the region of £38.00 for a complete cartridge.
Old 19th Feb 2020, 10:39 pm   #4
mark1965
Diode

Thanks for the replies, The sound only comes out of the RH speaker on both radio and record player. When it was delivered to me the unit was stood on its side in the back of the van, so hope nothing as been damaged in transit. I will get my sparkie mate to have a look at the connections, but does anyone know of any good repairers in the Wakefield area.
Cheers in advance
Closed Thread