UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Mar 2023, 12:29 am   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default "TECH DATA" website?

Does anybody know what's happened to the data on this site?

http://www.technicalscientific.com/techdata.htm

95% of the links, including almost all the Mullard component and module data, are now all dead!

Edit :– it looks like they're been re–mirrored here :–

http://www.electrojumble.org.uk/techdata.htm

Grab all the data you need from here in case it should disappear again!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 8th Mar 2023 at 12:36 am.
Old 8th Mar 2023, 1:53 pm   #2
bc312
Pentode

Default Re: "TECH DATA" website?

Very good Chris - thanks for the heads up.

Mike

BVWS member, EUG, G-QRP
Radio Bygones/Radiophile
Old 9th Mar 2023, 7:55 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Grab what you can; the Electrojumble site has been un-maintained for some time [I gather they had some sort of fire or event at their place] and though the domain has extended registration there's no guarantee its content will continue to be available.

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-Jan-2009
Expiry date: 18-Jan-2028
Last updated: 11-Jan-2023
Old 10th Mar 2023, 6:51 pm   #4
andrewferguson
Hexode

I've scheduled the entire Electrojumble site to be crawled and saved into the Wayback Machine *. I deliberately used a very low-intensity setting (to avoid causing bandwidth problems for the site), so it won't appear immediately, but it will be done in the next few weeks.

I try and monitor the "websites" section of this forum and whenever I see a site that has a large amount of unique data, a high bus-factor or looks particularly at-risk, I schedule it to be archived. However, quite a few posts here are about websites having gone down already, which of course are too late to be archived. So consider this an open and time-unlimited call: if you know of a site that is useful or at-risk, send me a PM and I can schedule it to be saved.

And while I know that quite a few people are familiar with the Wayback Machine (web.archive.org), for those that don't know: it's a site where you type in a URL and it allows you to view historical copies of the site. More popular websites have more "captures", some going back to 1996.

* Technically, the crawling is done by a separate organisation (Archive Team), but the resulting data will end up in the Wayback Machine (web.archive.org)
Old 10th Mar 2023, 9:43 pm   #5
Ambientnoise
Heptode

I’ve mentioned it before and sent a pm to Andrew, this site has some very interesting stuff.

http://messui.polygonal-moogle.com/valves/index.html
Old 10th Mar 2023, 11:01 pm   #6
andrewferguson
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambientnoise View Post
I’ve mentioned it before and sent a pm to Andrew, this site has some very interesting stuff.

http://messui.polygonal-moogle.com/valves/index.html
Thanks Ambientnoise for the nomination - now being archived. I put in the entire site, and not just the valves section, as (from a very brief glance) there's a lot of other interesting info stashed away there.

One that jumped out at me was this article on teletext . It seems to be part 14 of a series on "Modern TV Receiver Techniques" by Eugene Trundle. A google shows a few of the other parts in this series, but not the whole set. Does anyone know anything more about this?

P.S. Mods: I realise with the teletext question above I've taken this thread quite off topic - sorry! Happy to have this moved to a new thread if deemed appropriate.
Old 14th Mar 2023, 12:31 pm   #7
chriswood1900
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewferguson View Post

One that jumped out at me was this article on teletext . It seems to be part 14 of a series on "Modern TV Receiver Techniques" by Eugene Trundle. A google shows a few of the other parts in this series, but not the whole set. Does anyone know anything more about this?

P.S. Mods: I realise with the teletext question above I've taken this thread quite off topic - sorry! Happy to have this moved to a new thread if deemed appropriate.
This should all be available on the World Radio history site here:- https://worldradiohistory.com/Practi...n_Magazine.htm
Closed Thread