UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 10th Mar 2023, 8:30 pm   #1
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Default Telephone Relays

I have a few rather nice relays , possibly from an exchange, no photo at present. Dated 1961.

I wonder as to the value of these?
Old 10th Mar 2023, 9:26 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Telephone Relays

You could have a look at completed listings on eBay and the like to see whether similar ones have sold and for what price. A lot will depend on whether someone is looking for what you have - or can use them to make up something.
Old 10th Mar 2023, 9:39 pm   #3
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

If the tip of each blade leaf has a small V notch, most likely platinum contact points. Note, not all leafs had them, even if just one pair does.
Just adds to their value. Not likely to make a difference to actually being used by enthusiasts.
Rob
Old 11th Mar 2023, 8:54 am   #4
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank you.
Old 13th Mar 2023, 3:29 pm   #5
russell_w_b
Dekatron

I have several NOS boxed PO3000 relays as well as a few used ones in working condition: slugged toe; slugged heel; high resistance; low resistance...

They were spares for the Marconi 250kW BD272 / 6122 HF transmitters which used lots of PO3000 relays stacked in vertical banks in grey steel boxes for their control systems, almost the same configuration as in a UAX13 telephone exchange.

If yours are similar, you might find interest as to what they're worth at telecomms swap-meets as they're still sought after for projects. Or could see what the 'sold' price is typically on Ebay, when they come up?

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 13th Mar 2023, 7:14 pm   #6
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank you Russell, I think mine are other than PO 3000 and yes, I must get pictures of same. They are nothing like what I have seen elsewhere, which seem to start from £5.99.