UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Feb 2023, 2:08 pm   #1
monaro0162
Pentode

Default Audiojumble 5th March 2023 Tonbridge Kent

Just thought I'd mention this coming up on the 5th of March:

https://www.audiojumble.co.uk/nextevent.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audiojumble.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	273357  
Old 22nd Feb 2023, 2:05 pm   #2
Beobloke
Heptode

Default Re: Audiojumble 5th March 2023 Tonbridge Kent

I'll be there as usual!
Old 6th Mar 2023, 10:59 am   #3
Valvepower
Octode

Hi,

Cracking day at the Audiojumble yesterday. Hats off to the Howes family for arranging another cracking event.

I go along will all good intentions of sitting on my hands and not buying anything, but the goodies in the sweetshop were just too hard to resist, and all the good intentions just went out the window within the first five minutes and I succumbed to…

Nytech CA252 amplifier and matching CT206 tuner, Three Tripletone convertible SE EL84 amps ‘job lot’ for £100, and finally a PYE SE EL34 Super Black Box amplifier.

As if that wasn’t enough, I also bought the Bryan amplifier from John Howes stall, that had been recently used by Tim to do a recent review in Hi-fi News. This is a piece of early transistor amplifier history and makes a nice addition to the the Dinsdale amplifier I got from a fellow forum member last year.

Well, that’s the projects for the next year (and some) sorted!

The BVWS stall was doing brisk business, with the lads busy selling anything that wasn't nailed down - so to speak!

Regards
Terry
Old 6th Mar 2023, 10:54 pm   #4
majex45
Hexode

I went as well. I really enjoyed myself and spent 3 hours and a few beer tokens. Nothing major, mostly spares and parts. However didn't get what I went for (stylii and cartridges), but did enjoy chatting to all the fellow enthusiasts.
This was the year of the tape recorder, it seems every loft in the country had been emptied and there were machines from every maker under the sun - even Truvox was there (fond memories of working for Racal - the successor to Truvox).
Two beautiful Michell Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference turntables stole the show for me and the Nagra digital recorder was very tempting. I almost bought the Archos 7 at a good price but resisted temptation.
Too much to see and this was at the middle band - what goodies must have awaited the early birds?
I am saddened to hear the autumn show will not go ahead this year, how will we cope?
Old 7th Mar 2023, 10:26 am   #5
Beobloke
Heptode

I had an excellent day - good sale and it was great to see all the usual suspects! I'm also gutted that there won't be a second even this year -I shall have to try to remember to buy less stuff!

I also bought a couple of things I really shouldn't have, as it turned out they were in far worse condition than my cursory examination under a table led me to believe.

I also didn't buy the one thing that I really should have! This was a Markel Playmaster both-sides-play autochanger and when a dealer swooped in right at the end and took two final items from me, I decided i would go back and get it, but the chap had already packed up and left. Fingers crossed it re-appears next year...
Old 8th Mar 2023, 12:18 am   #6
alanworland
Heptode

Good event - kept hearing guy's saying 'I didn't realise I needed that'!
Me too, first thing I bought on top of a pile of amps was a .46 cu inch model aircraft engine!! Also picked up a working late Quad FM4 tuner for £25 - needs battery replacement but works well and a Pure Elan radio, cause I fancied it!

Alan
Closed Thread