UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 27th Dec 2012, 4:16 pm   #61
Hybrid tellies
Nonode

Location: 1966-1976 Coverack in Cornwall and Helston Cornwall. 1976-present Bristol/Bath area.
Default Re: My Daughter's TV and a bit of a rant!

A couple of days ago I got three calls from friends saying that their flat panel sets had stopped working. They have all been replaced by new sets but are delighted that I will take a look at them and will keep them as second sets for the spare room if I can repair them. It will keep me busy during January as I suspect all three sets will require bulging electrolytic caps in the PSU to be replaced.
Old 27th Dec 2012, 5:58 pm   #62
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

I wish you luck Glyn. All the best for 2013. John.
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 6:20 pm   #63
Andy - G8MNM
Hexode

Here is a pic of my A.V. setup.
The 32" 'Dual' TV, SKY Box, Philips DVD (a SONY VCR too, but not shown) came from Freecycle and included all remote controls too - even found a free cassette in the VCR.
The Philips CD player was £5 from a boot sale many years ago and the JVC surround sound amp was £20 in the mid nineties from a recycling centre.
At that time also I got a 28" JVC TV too which was also £20 and needed repairing as well. Unfortunately the TV is long gone as it developed an annoying fault that couldn't be easily fixed.
The speakers were bought new in the mid eighties.

Andy

P.S. Anyone want a free carpet? it came with cottage!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	75777  

https://www.lushanda.com/
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 5:36 pm   #64
Fidelity Fan
Hexode

I once rebuilt a PC for a friend after a motherboard failure. Of the original E-machines computer, the only original parts retained were the case DVD drive. As always, when I fit a new motherboard in a PC, I will also fit a new PSU. The new PSU costing about £15 was made in China. As soon as it was switched on, it tripped the house RCD! I promptly returned it to the supplier and paid an extra £15 for an higher quality one. Although also made in China, it felt a lot heavier.
Closed Thread