UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Oct 2014, 12:45 pm   #1
thejamesrankin
Triode

Default Hoover Conquest 507 Cylinder Cleaner Restoration

I've recently acquired a rare Hoover Conquest model 507 cylinder cleaner from 1970. I'd say a lot of you won't know what it is but it was Hoover's deluxe cylinder that didn't sell as well as they thought it would due to its price in a market that Electrolux dominated. Mine is in working order despite having brittle plastic syndrome which I have now repaired using fibre glass and filler. I have a question regarding the cord rewind mechanism, I have the cord reel which works correctly but I feel that I am missing some kind of linkage that goes between the rewind button and the cord reel and I don't know what. I'm hoping someone here who worked on this model and can tell me if I am missing anything. It's a lovely cleaner and of course rare which is why I would prefer it to be functional.

Regards, James.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	99285  
Old 27th Sep 2015, 12:34 am   #2
thejamesrankin
Triode

Default Re: Hoover Conquest 507 Cylinder Cleaner Restoration

Hi all,

This vacuum cleaner was successfully restored last year shortly after this thread was created however, I am on the look out for the same model in any condition as a source of spare parts should the need arise.

Regards, James
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	113509   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	113510   Click image for larger version

Name:	supermaticjames-2014110302530709862_1.jpg