UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2019, 3:47 pm   #21
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Another HMV Cavendish question

So it probably went out with BS1363, then: you can be sure the switch is always in the Line.
Old 19th Feb 2019, 3:54 pm   #22
paulsherwin

Either that, or when the regs changed to prohibit exposed live elements.
Old 23rd Feb 2019, 1:17 pm   #23
boxdoctor
Rest in Peace

I have a free-standing fan heater branded "Daewoo" which I bought about six months ago.
It can be completely switched off on the unit.
It is the successor to a "Connect-it" model, (externally identical, but with slightly different internal safety devices) which was bought about 12years ago, that also was totally switch-offable on it's control switch. (That was "retired" on account of the front grille becoming brittle and breaking up.)
Looks like this regulation, if it exsisted, has been cancelled for some time, at least. Tony.
Closed Thread