UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Apr 2020, 8:57 am   #1
Nipkowdisc
Diode

Default Fidelity FTV-12 circuit.

I recently came by a Fidelity FTV-12 which is a nice sturdy Monochrome Portable from the early 1980's (I think).

Now this does have a picture and sound (with Freeview Box and Modulator) but the Raster is only about half its proper width and a bit on the dim side. I reckon that this one is worth a repair effort (I hope it's not the L.O.P.T.).

Could anyone supply me with a copy of the Schematic please? I would be most grateful.

Mike.
Old 6th Apr 2020, 8:44 am   #2
Nipkowdisc
Diode

Default Revised Fidelity Repair Help Request.

Hello fellow enthusiasts

I recently came by a Fidelity FTV-12 Monochrome Portable and I thought I might like to have a go at mending it.
It has low width and a few other little problems.
I wonder if it would be possible to have a look at just the Line Output Stage and Audio Output Stage parts of the Schematic rather than the whole thing in order to comply with the Forum rules.

Mike.
Old 6th Apr 2020, 9:25 am   #3
Station X

Default Re: Fidelity FTV-12 circuit.

There is no forum rule preventing the posting of TV service information.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Old 6th Apr 2020, 7:00 pm   #4
hamid_1
Hexode

The Fidelity FTV-12 service data was published in the 1981-82 volume of Radio And Television Servicing.

Unfortunately I don't have this book myself, but I'm sure someone on here will have it and could scan or photocopy it for you.
Old 6th Apr 2020, 7:25 pm   #5
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

You may discover the fault is in the power supply rather than the line output stage. Just a thought. John.

PS I have scanned and printed the pages you require. If you need them let me have your address via PM and I will post FOC. John.

Last edited by Heatercathodeshort; 6th Apr 2020 at 7:36 pm. Reason: data added.
Old 6th Apr 2020, 8:15 pm   #6
Electrical
Hexode

Please find attached a PDF copy of the service information for this receiver from the 1981-82 volume of Radio and Television Servicing.
Regards Stan.

Sorry John I did not know you had already done it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fidelity FTV12 - TVR120 (135%).pdf (177.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 7th Apr 2020, 9:57 am   #7
Nipkowdisc
Diode

My hearty thanks to hamid_1,Heatercathodeshort and Electrical for their kind provision of advice and information.
I went with Electrical's P.D.F. File as it saves a Stamp.

Looking at the Set then-I started with the Power Supply as Heatercathodeshort suggested and I have 10.8V at the Collector of TR300 so the Regulator would seem to be working.

Mike.
Old 8th Apr 2020, 8:48 am   #8
Nipkowdisc
Diode

Default Finishing off.

Hello again fellow enthusiasts.

Before leaving the Power supply I would like to say that I think it was quite ingenious how they re-deployed one of the Bridge Rectifier Diodes as a Reverse Polarity Protection Diode during Car Battery operation.

The actual fault was an unsuitable Transistor had been fitted in the TR302 position (it was just a Transistor) and the correct BU807 is a Darlington device with the Efficiency Diode in there as well.

Mike.
Closed Thread