UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 11th Jul 2019, 2:56 pm   #1
Floydey
Diode

Default Advance E2 Signal generator circuit

After watching a few vintage gear restoration videos I feel inspired to have a go at my Fathers old Advance E2. I have downloaded a couple of circuits but there seems to be quite a difference to the one I have. The valves are: V1 - EC52, V2 - 6J5, V3 - 6X5. Its a yellow case with serial number 1275.

I am awaiting the delivery of a set of replacement capacitors, however the values on the circuit diagram seem to differ with the ones fitted.

Is there another version of the circuit diagram available anywhere?

Thanks in anticipation

Andy
Floydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jul 2019, 9:28 pm   #2
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Advance E2 Signal generator circuit

I had an E2, pics of which are below, along with the E2 manual, kindly supplied by forum member.

Like most E2s mine was rather scruffy externally, but pristine inside, rock steady, and the accuracy was spot on.. Such well designed robust generators - the only thing not in their favour is their size and weight. (I don't have it now - I gave it to a chum). I don't have the serial number but it was stated to be a 'Model 1' which implies that there were other E2 models.

Hope that might be of some use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Front View.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	186497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Vvew.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	186498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Under chassis view.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	186499  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Advance E2 Signal Generator Manual.pdf (177.8 KB, 25 views)
David G4EBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jul 2019, 12:25 am   #3
AC/HL

Default Re: Advance E2 Signal generator circuit

Curiously, every article I can find has photos of the octal based valve version but the circuit of the all glass valve version, usually with the ECC91 marked as ECC82. Neither of these are the one that is the subject of this thread!