UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 9th Oct 2019, 8:56 am   #1
StevieD
Diode

Default Sony ICF-6800W repair

I am looking for someone to repair my receiver. It functions correctly on the FM band, but does not work properly on SW and doesn't tune. Can anyone help. Thanks
StevieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2019, 9:16 pm   #2
ronbryan
Octode

Default Re: Sony ICF-6800W repair

Hi

I have succesfully repaired a Sony ICF-6800W a couple of years ago. Apart from it being damaged by being dropped, breaking one of the plastic spindles, it also had no SW - it would not tune and the displayed frequency did not change.

I live near Guildford, so an easy journey from Reigate via M25/A3 if you have transport. If you want to take this further, my email is [removed by Mod]. It would be useful to know if the set has been repaired before and there are a few other details we could discuss by phone if you would like me to have a look at it.

Ron Bryan

Last edited by AC/HL; 9th Oct 2019 at 11:33 pm. Reason: Contact via PM please, click on Ron's username
ronbryan is online now   Reply With Quote