UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Oct 2007, 4:49 am   #1
G8DLG
Retired Dormant Member

Default Bush Logo

Can anyone help with details of the Bush logo.
I am restoring the badge on a DAC10,what I would like to know is the colours that this was supplied with.I know the tree is green but I think the container was red, a picture would be much appreciated.
Old 18th Oct 2007, 10:02 am   #2
Colin
Heptode

Default Re: Bush Logo

I'm sure you're correct in thinking the container was red. I've just had a look at mine and they've ALL lost their colour and are now just silver. Come to think of it I've never seen one that still had its original colours!

Perhaps Howard has one that's been kept in the dark all its life ...

rgds
Colin
Old 18th Oct 2007, 1:07 pm   #3
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

The Bush logo was green and red, my DAC10 still has most of the original colours, you could check out this site:-

http://www.bushradio.co.uk/

Regards, Mick.
Old 18th Oct 2007, 2:57 pm   #4
howard
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
......Perhaps Howard has one that's been kept in the dark all its life ... rgds Colin
Nope, not this time,

But the DAC10 is a set I am looking out for, in preference to a DAC90. These unfortunately do tend to lose their badges and the top white mouldings crack too.

Howard
Old 18th Oct 2007, 3:40 pm   #5
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DLG View Post
Can anyone help with details of the Bush logo.
I am restoring the badge on a DAC10,what I would like to know is the colours that this was supplied with.I know the tree is green but I think the container was red, a picture would be much appreciated.
If you PM me with your email address I'll be happy to send you the graphics I did I while ago now to replace the missing badge on my DAC10

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 18th Oct 2007, 5:09 pm   #6
G8DLG
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard View Post
Nope, not this time,

But the DAC10 is a set I am looking out for, in preference to a DAC90. These unfortunately do tend to lose their badges and the top white mouldings crack too.

Howard
This is a problem with most sets with a plastic moulding,It would appear that the plastic shrinks over the years,just make sure there is some clearence around the screw holes and that the screws are not too tight.
Old 18th Oct 2007, 7:18 pm   #7
KeithsTV
Nonode

There's a page showing the Bush logo and the dimensions in "The Setmakers". The colours are, according to the book, green and scarlet.

Keith
Closed Thread