UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2019, 7:31 pm   #1
lloydwells
Heptode

Default EMOR Globe lack of signal we have have hum but nothing else!

Ok so when bought the Emors mains transformer was cooked I've replaced it we have HT we have heaters all good I had some spectacular bother with the socket of the 6q7 that's now resolved. When turned on I get him not a deep rumbling smoothing cap hum more of a record player hum if that makes sense. This appears to be an early Emor it has various differences from the version I have a schematic for. Now when I bought this thing Mr bridge had been in the volume control wiring had been chopped about I have sorted that and one of the valves the 6k8 had had a length of wire soldered to it and shoved down the chrome tube assumedly as some sort of aerial I'm at a loss as to where to prod .
Old 11th Dec 2019, 10:38 pm   #2
lloydwells
Heptode

Default Re: EMOR Globe lack of signal we have have hum but nothing else!

Ok an update to that I now have signal but very week a screwdriver touching the top cap of the 6k8 improves this considerably this being the valve that previously had a wire soldered on to it ( tried three other 6k8s )
Old 11th Dec 2019, 11:16 pm   #3
PJL
Dekatron

Clean the waveband switch. I would then try an RF alignment if you have a signal generator.
Old 11th Dec 2019, 11:29 pm   #4
lloydwells
Heptode

Waveband switch is spotless it doesn't seem like alignment I think it's time it paid a visit to eBay I have a multitude of Philips to wade through including my 930a
Closed Thread