UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Apr 2015, 2:22 pm   #21
Nightcruiser
Pentode

Default Re: Transistor question

The machine is an Akai 221D. I have posted a further thread today under the tape recorder section as there is a problem not only on 1/78. ( but no other speed) of really severe judder type flutter, and also the take up spool on all speeds pulls the leader tape through so strongly it is tensioned as tightly as a tuned piano wire.

There is no clutch at all on the take up spool. This is a direct drive machine right from the motor.

Subsequently the tape rides up over the new pinch roller and out of the guide.

The sprung r/h take up arm which I thread the tape around again is snapped right up to the length of its full travel.

Therefore I presumed a fault on the main control board and having read that transistors in Akai often fail, I asked about the transistor. Of course this could also be a capacitor or any fault so can someone advise me further please?

John

Last edited by Nightcruiser; 6th Apr 2015 at 2:31 pm.
Closed Thread