UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Apr 2015, 9:32 pm   #1
Electricdreams
Hexode

Default Help identify this transistor??

It could be Thyristor, triac, I don't know,

There isn't a schematic for the Compaq Portable Power supply board and I am just frustratingly replacing what appears to be broken.

Most of the information has been burnt off leaving some, and I am hoping someone out there would recognise it!

I have taken a photo of both sides..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	106642   Click image for larger version

Name:	image copy.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	106643  
Old 6th Apr 2015, 11:09 pm   #2
cmjones01
Nonode

Default Re: Help identify this transistor??

Well, it's by National Semiconductor, and in a TO126 package. I googled for 'National Semiconductor TO126' and many of the resulting images show 'E C B' along the bottom marking the pinout. I think the 'B' visible at the bottom of your transistor is Base, then. So we know it's bipolar. Beyond that, I think reverse engineering is probably the way forward.

Chris