UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jan 2019, 11:52 am   #1
SSassen
Retired Dormant Member

Default Loftin-White with 6C33C valves

Good afternoon gentlemen,

Please allow me to give a brief introduction. I’ve not tinkered with tubes since the ‘90s, but as I’m getting older the desire to do so becomes stronger.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to start a collection of parts over the years and am currently evaluating various single-ended designs around the Russian 6C33C, as I have a number of these available.

I find the Loftin-White design intriguing, but am not (yet) capable of adapting that to the 6C33C. I have profound (20+ years) of experience as an electronics engineer, but I’ve never worked with tubes in my line of work.

So I’m wondering whether there’s any designs to be found that can be adapted to the 6C33C, or whether anyone can offer some design assistance?

Looking forward to the replies on this query.

Thanks and best regards,

Sander Sassen.
Old 7th Jan 2019, 12:35 pm   #2
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: Loftin-White with 6C33C valves

Hi Sander,

Darius (Old Europe on this forum) has done a lot of work on Loftin White designs.

See: http://rl12t15.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html

Peter
Old 7th Jan 2019, 3:16 pm   #3
SSassen
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Loftin-White with 6C33C valves

Thanks Peter, I’ve sent him a message.
Closed Thread