UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Sep 2022, 11:21 pm   #1
JohnG6DFH
Diode

Default Trio 9R59DS

Hi I just purchased a Trio 9r59ds and want to connect a digital frequency display,only I haven't got a clue where on the receiver to connect it to,I got the circuit diagram if someone could show me where and how to connect it thank you.
Old 28th Sep 2022, 9:15 am   #2
roadster541
Pentode

Default Re: Trio 9R59DS

I hope that you have a frequency meter with a fast refresh rate, to keep up with the drift!
More seriously, check to see if the OA2 regulator has been fitted; this does improve stability. I do like my 9R-59DS and must get its matching TX88D up and running.
I haven't fitted a crystal calibrator to the 9R59-DS, if I need to calibrate it, I use the transmitter on "net", with a digital frequency meter using a telescopic aerial.
Rod
M0LXY
Closed Thread