UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Apr 2011, 9:46 am   #1
arjoll
Dekatron

Default NZ radio opinion site

Hi - I have finally gotten around to starting a radio blog I've been meaning to do for a few years now!

At the moment it's just opinion on one issue, but I plan to add more as time allows.

The site is at http://www.radio.gen.nz.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 12th Apr 2011, 10:04 am   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: NZ radio opinion site

Hi Andrew. That site scrolls rather oddly on my setup (Firefox 3.6.16, Ubuntu 10.10, Intel Pentium M 1400). This may be deliberate, and it's certainly liveable with, but it takes getting used to. You might want to look at it using some alternative systems if it isn't obvious to you.
Old 12th Apr 2011, 10:13 am   #3
jimmc101
Heptode

Seems OK here. (Firefox 4.0, winXP, Athlon XP2500 mobile)

Jim
Old 12th Apr 2011, 10:14 am   #4
arjoll
Dekatron

Thanks Paul! It's a standard Blogger template (the only change from standard was the background and the font for the title) so I kind-of assumed Google would have it right. I was going to set it up on my IIS server here but recent issues with the likes of Wordpress made me less inclined to do that.

I will have a play around at some point and see if anything can be done within the confines of Blogger. It certainly seems ok on IE9 under Win7, but granted that's not a majority platform by any means!
Old 12th Apr 2011, 10:35 am   #5
paulsherwin

It's a smooth scrolling issue. If I turn off smooth scrolling in the browser, the scrolling behaviour is pretty much like any other site.
Old 14th Apr 2011, 12:11 pm   #6
arjoll
Dekatron

Today's update - opinion on site for FreeviewHD in Southland.
http://www.radio.gen.nz/2011/04/free...ercargill.html
Closed Thread