UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2019, 11:58 pm   #21
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Vintage TV in Brum, 16th Nov 2019

I would like to try and get to another one of your events Paul. My son was in Birmingham for 12 years but after a spell in North London he's now near Market Harborough with his family so I anticipate being in the Midlands much more. I'm surprised but pleased to detect a couple of possible ISB Fans on here ie Colourstar and Red 16v. Some of the Julie Felix series was kept but not most of it.

I went to the ISB reunion at Leeds in the mid 90's but Mike Heron and Robin Williamson played on different days although they got together later [once only I think]. I was admonished by a polite News Night crew for waving my camera about in the back of their interview with Mike but I didn't get anything. It's a long story. I'd taken some copies of the WW cover [that has now been linked in here] that weekend. The copy shop assistant in Bury tried to say it would breach copyright. He thought it was a current mag, until I pointed out the date. The manager rolled his eyes meaning [I think] "you just can't get the staff" but I did get the copies

Various bits of ISB footage have appeared courtesy of the great BBC4 and in outakes of unreleased Woodstock material. Unfortunately, there was no proper recording of these two in their prime ever made due to a combination of personal differences, possible poor management and bad luck! The BBC did authorise a fairly incomprehensible dance drama film with non of their best music on the soundtrack! There are great audio recordings of the band in concert much later but I don't know if the film of that still exists-I suspect it was wiped.

Dave

My son lived in King's Heath. There should still be a You Tube video on line where Robin Williamson is singing, in a Cafe there, the Irish standard "The Parting Glass " which Dylan used as the basis of his own "Restless Farewell". He probably got it, in turn, from the Clancy Brothers in New York. One of them says [fondly] in a 1980's documentary "Ah Bob, a little guy always hanging around soaking things up-go away Bob!"

Last edited by dave walsh; 19th Nov 2019 at 12:08 am.
Closed Thread