UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Feb 2018, 4:57 pm   #1
red16v
Heptode

Default Akai - Rank.

I'm in the process of boxing up my Akai X201D to dispose of and came across the service manual I originally bought with it the early 1970's. The front cover features 'Rank' on it (as in the Rank Organisation etc).

Were Rank the importers and suppliers of Akai machines at the time?
Old 28th Feb 2018, 5:24 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Akai - Rank.

Akai originally were handled by Pullin, who were of course part of the Rank empire; the Akai operation became part of the whole Rank-Leak-Wharfedale conglomeration/conflagration/juggernaut...
Old 28th Feb 2018, 7:40 pm   #3
red16v
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kendall View Post
Akai originally were handled by Pullin, who were of course part of the Rank empire; the Akai operation became part of the whole Rank-Leak-Wharfedale conglomeration/conflagration/juggernaut...
Thank you Ted.
Old 28th Feb 2018, 9:10 pm   #4
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

I never knew that. Thanks!
Closed Thread