UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Apr 2020, 9:46 pm   #1
jaydee2u
Triode

Default Vintage audio on YouTube

Some members here might like listening to a YouTube series of vintage recordings that I started to cheer up my friends during the coronavirus lockdown. 'Cheery Tunes' is recorded on a variety of machines in my collection, some of which may interest valve radio enthusiast. A new video is added every day. This is the link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aZnXm58ABXJQW0
Old 18th Apr 2020, 10:33 pm   #2

Default Re: Vintage audio on Youtube

10/10 not quite my cup of tea (in the morning) but I enjoyed the record player doing it's thing. All good fun.

Old 19th Apr 2020, 9:15 am   #3
Andrew2
Nonode

Default Re: Vintage audio on Youtube

Wonderful. Just started with No1 today. I find as the years roll by I like this type of music more & more.
Old 19th Apr 2020, 2:42 pm   #4
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Vintage audio on YouTube

Hi,
A splendid set of videos. Thanks for posting them.
I presume the records you're playing are all out of copyright?
Other YouTubers seem very wary of playing any music for more than a couple of seconds.
FaceBook muted the sound of a video of mine because I played music on it, so I took it down because it made no sense without the tune.
Not sure if YouTube are as finicky.
Cheers, Pete.
Old 19th Apr 2020, 2:56 pm   #5
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Vintage audio on YouTube

Very good indeed, keep it up.

David
Old 19th Apr 2020, 9:06 pm   #6
The Philpott
Dekatron

Generally YT only take action if and when a grizzle is received regarding copyright. On older recordings this doesn't happen very often.
Dave
Old 20th Apr 2020, 9:33 am   #7
Petedox
Pentode

Cheery indeed! My grandkids will love #3. Thanks.

Pete
Old 20th Apr 2020, 8:05 pm   #8
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philpott View Post
Generally YT only take action if and when a grizzle is received regarding copyright. On older recordings this doesn't happen very often.
Dave
Yes if the channel is not monetarized they don't usually bother and stick their own ads on it anyway ..which hopefully at least some it goes to the copyright holder or if cannot be found.. the musicians' union.

Some kind chap put up a load of London and other European countries city street movie scenes from the early twentieth century....some library in the USA tried to claim copyright even though the cameramen and film had never been near the USA and they were basically home movies..
Closed Thread