UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2014, 7:05 pm   #1
mpegjohn
Hexode

Default ECH81 oscillator drive amplitude

Hi,
I am attempting to use an ECH81 as a mixer, and I have a separate SW oscillator.
What amplitude do I need to drive the ECH81 with from the oscillator.

Thanks,
John
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 12:20 pm   #2
G8HQP Dave
Rest in Peace

Default Re: ECH81 oscillator drive amplitude

Graphs in the datasheet imply 5-17.5V but I can't see whether this is RMS, peak or pk-pk. Unlikely to be the latter.

Err on the side of low voltage for a transmitter mixer to get low spurious responses, and on the high side for a receiver mixer to get good dynamic range.
Closed Thread