UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Aug 2018, 12:47 am   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Yamaha Cassette Recorder TB-700

I mentioned this machine in the context of a thread started by Bloggo3 today re getting his R to Reel Marconiphone Recorder to run at the proper speed. [the Cassette recorder has a variable speed control]. I then realised I still had the wood effect cased Yamaha and searched for some Info. I couldn't bring up much and there is a Yamaha 700 which is not the TB! I did find my own thread however, from 18/2/08 "Yamaha Cassette Query". I posted when the TB stopped working and then mysteriously started up again It must have had another failure episode because I'd filed it under U/S retired! However I gave it a wipe tonight-shoved in one of my Archive Radio Programs on cassette [Paul Jones and George Melly talking about Eel Pie Island] both channels coming through fine on the headphones again [I think] it's an odd pair of twin sockets. Does anybody have any info on this useful Recorder that has a manual speed correction slider plus variable input/outputs on both channels, very useful....ie Spec/Manual/Circuit/Sales Lit etc?

Thanks for any help,

Dave
Old 9th Aug 2018, 8:04 am   #2
sp10mk11
Octode

Default Re: Yamaha Cassette Recorder TB-700

I think it dates from about 1973/4 that's all I can think of so far

Gary
Old 9th Aug 2018, 10:29 am   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Yamaha Cassette Recorder TB-700

Well it's a good start Gary thanks!. I'm surprised that I haven't found much info and that such a versatile machine wasn't more popular

Dave
Closed Thread