UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Aug 2018, 2:22 pm   #1
WW2Mike
Retired Dormant Member

Default Clansman IB3 help needed

Gents.

We have two Clansman boxes and headsets in our non-British vehicle:-

Clansman Interconnecting Box 3-Radio (IB3) ANR Version (NSN: 5820-99-842-2189)
Clansman Crew Box 2-Set (CB2) ANR Version (NSN: 5895-99-477-3716)

We want to utilize a period throat mic in the system. I have a box of unused WW2 German elements that are known good ones as I’ve tested them on Motorola and Cobra radios. They are dynamic and I believe they are carbon type. The problem is that they are not presently compatible with the Clansman harness boxes for some reason. Even if I put two elements in parallel to make their combined resistance to 325 ohms. I realize that there is a difference between resistance and impedance, and am assuming that their ratio is roughly comparable. I understand that the clansman is looking for 150 ohms. As a test, it worked with a 500 ohm resistance (and 500 marked impedance) dynamic mic from an old CB handset, so it looks like the impedance disparity does not seem to be the problem. Can you help?

Also, the Clansman Interconnecting Box 3-Radio (IB3) ANR Version (NSN: 5820-99-842-2189) works fine at first, but after a couple minutes, loud, scratchy noise persists. Additionally, if I turn the power switch off, I sometimes need to cycle the switch many times before it will come back up. Do you know what component may be bad?

Thanks
Closed Thread