UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2019, 4:47 pm   #1
Hammonds
Heptode

Default Cossor CR1601/ Philips EL3542 non latching piano keys

Good afternoon all R2R buffs

I was given a Cossor CR1601 at the end of a local auction as it didn't sell, not even for £1!

The only problem I can see at the moment is that the piano keys that switch on and select the tape speed only occasionally will latch.

An ideas, on a fix, please, before I wreck it with my screwdriver or WD40!

Many thanks

Dave

Last edited by Hammonds; 18th Mar 2019 at 4:48 pm. Reason: missing text
Old 18th Mar 2019, 7:05 pm   #2
wd40addict
Octode

Default Re: Cossor CR1601/ Philips EL3542 non latching piano keys

Have you actually taken the deck plate off and had a look? There is a latching bar which is displaced when a speed button is pressed or when the off button is pushed. If it's sticky probably due to congealed grease and dust.
Closed Thread