UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Apr 2012, 6:37 pm   #1
vintage
Retired Dormant Member

Default Uher Royal speed problem.

Hi guys, i'm new on this site and have joint due to some problems i'm having with a restoration of a much loved ferrograph; but before i tackle that i need to put this baby to bed.
I purchased a Uher royal 560, and evry thing on it seems to be working just fine, with the exeption that when i purchased i tested it with one of his tapes (silly me i know); when i got it home i tried one of my tapes and noticed it was slightly slower (this tape works fine on all my other machines), last time i encountered this was with me Akai M8 and that problem was that i needed to change the machine from 60hz to 50hz (for south africa).
But this machine is on 50hz, i've lubricated all nessesary parts (i think) and i'm now at a loss; please can anyone of you bright people give a fellow analog nutter a helpping hand, what else should i be on the lookout for, i'm not at all electrically educated but my dad is, he is just tiered of sorting my stuff out so i'd like to have a go at it.
reguards george.

Hi guys.

I'm new on this site and have joined due to some problems I'm having with the restoration of a much loved Ferrograph. but before I tackle that I need to put this baby to bed.

I purchased a Uher Royal 560, and everything on it seems to be working just fine with the exeption that when I purchased it tested it with one of his tapes (silly me I know). When I got it home I tried one of my tapes and noticed it was slightly slower (this tape works fine on all my other machines). Last time I encountered this was with my Akai M8 and the problem there was that I needed to change the machine from 60Hz to 50Hz (for South Africa).

This machine is on 50Hz, I've lubricated all nessesary parts (I think) and I'm now at a loss. Please can any of you bright people give a fellow analog nutter a helping hand? What else should I be on the lookout for? I'm not at all electrically educated but my dad is, he is just tired of sorting my stuff out so I'd like to have a go at it.

Regards George.
Closed Thread