UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Old 4th May 2019, 9:37 pm   #1
RobRusbridge
Tetrode

Default Don't believe all you hear

I've just heard a rumour that I'm dead. If you've heard the same, please disregard it. The truth is less exciting. I went to Reading to do a toy fair and ended up hospitalised there for a week with heart failure. Not a great present for my fiftieth birthday! I've been home a couple of weeks and although I'm not in the greatest condition I have no immediate plans to shuffle off to the great radio lounge in the sky. They've got me up and about and breathing again so things are looking up.

It could have been a lot worse. The paramedics didn't have to scrape me up off the pavement and we arrived at the tradesman's entrance to Reading hospital without the blue lights and sirens. I'm about the worst hospital patient in the world because, I'm man enough to admit, the whole thing scares me rigid, but I managed to preserve just enough mental health to avoid falling to bits or falling into the big pit of depression (though it was touch-and-go for a few days). My ex-wife sent me a radio and the lady who would be my girl-friend if we didn't drive each other nuts sent me some chocolate and a puzzle book. Without those things there would have been an outbreak of the screaming ab-dabs.

The Rusbridge's auction Up North on 9th June will be going ahead because it's a family concern and my son Thomas is very able to do any of the work required to run an auction whatever the state of the Old Git. Anyway, I've already paid the hire fee for the hall.
RobRusbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 9:51 pm   #2
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.
Default Re: Don't believe all you hear

Grossly exaggerated, thankfully.
Take care of yourself.
We will come and support Thomas on the 9th June if at all possible.

Mine was a return from the Philippines to a month in hospital killing the bacteria in the heart followed by open heart surgery 7 months later, no sweat, it all works well now.

Sam.
Boater Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 10:23 pm   #3
GrimJosef
Nonode

Wow ! I hadn't heard the rumour, so the truth is, um, actually more exciting. I was going to say 'and not in a good way' because I don't like hearing that someone's been ill. But the thing with heart problems is surviving the first one. And you have. And that's brilliant. Hang on in there .

Cheers,

GJ
Old 4th May 2019, 10:38 pm   #4
60 oldjohn
Nonode

Hi Rob, I had not heard any rumours, pleased you have come through it and wishing you a full recovery. It must be 26 years since we were last down your way, how time flies.

John, from near Hull.
60 oldjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2019, 11:10 pm   #5
Nymrod121
Octode

At which point, might I suggest a collective raising of two fingers (in the non-Churchillian style) towards that tall scary-looking s.o.b. wearing the long hoodie and carrying a scythe ...

All the best Rob,

Guy
Nymrod121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2019, 7:29 am   #6
Kentode
Hexode

Get well soon Rob, you know that you'll be well received up north if you can manage to get here!

I've already organised another carload of friends for the next auction, they couldn't believe the bargains l brought back from the last one!

Take care,

BVWS member
Kentode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2019, 11:32 pm   #7
whiskas
Hexode

Wishing you a speedy recovery Rob - and a great auction !
Old 10th May 2019, 7:23 am   #8
G4YVM David
Heptode

Unpleasant experience. Get even weller soon.

David
Old 10th May 2019, 8:12 am   #9
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Not what anyone one needs.Wishing you a speedy recovery.

David