UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Feb 2019, 3:49 pm   #1
Mongoose
Retired Dormant Member

Default Hitachi TRK8190

Hi I've just stripped and cleaned a Hitachi Trk 8190e and have started the rebuild today. It had no belts at all so I've sourced a pack of flat and a pack of square. I believe I've fathomed out the rear configuration nit I'm struggling with the front. Does anyone have a picture of the belt set up as there is nothing in the manual 🤔
Old 20th Feb 2019, 4:24 am   #2
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Hitachi TRK8190

Quote:
there is nothing in the manual
I presume you are referring to the service manual?

Unfortunately many manufacturers (especially SONY) don't show the belts in their service manuals, they assume anyone should be able to work out where they fit......GRRRRR!
Old 20th Feb 2019, 5:47 am   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Hitachi TRK8190

On the service manual (TRK8190E) the 5 belts are described on page 35 and on page 34, the Exploded View of the Cassette Chassis, they are clearly shown.

If you haven't got the full service manual you can download it free of charge from:

https://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_trk.../download.html