UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jul 2016, 9:33 pm   #1
mickash
Hexode

Default Toshiba Strata DK24 Phone System

Hello,

Have any forum members got any experience with these systems?
I fished one out of a skip behind an office building which was being renovated, the previous occupants having relocated to another town.

I was wondering if it was suitable for use with my old phone collection mostly consisting of dial/pulse phones with the odd few DTMF specimens.

I've downloaded the manual but it's a bit heavy going understanding most of it.

The cabinet contains 2 x PEKU1, 1 x PCOU1 and 1 x PCOUS1 modules as well as the PCTU module. There were no phones visible in the skip so programming might be a problem!

Can anybody offer any advice?

Michael.
Old 7th Jul 2016, 10:36 am   #2
Pellseinydd
Heptode

Default Re: Toshiba Strata DK24 Phone System

From what I can find - the system as you have it is configured only for use with 'systemphones' i.e. those specific to the system. So it is going to cost you to add cards for ordinary 2 wire SLT telephones. To use DTMF you would also have to add a DTMF receiver card. Better to go for a Panasonic KXT/KXTA ranges (I've picked up a KXT616 - 16 extensions for 99p on eBay before now) or BT Revelation/Pathway/Inspiration. They all accept pulse dialing or DTMF extensions.
Old 8th Jul 2016, 2:01 am   #3
mickash
Hexode

Thanks for your reply Pellseinydd. I'll keep an eye out for one of the Panasonic or BT models you mentioned.
I'll hang onto the Toshiba just in case anything turns up but I just had to rescue it from the skip!
Old 8th Jul 2016, 8:54 pm   #4
OscarFoxtrot
Heptode

You know that the minute you throw it out the keyphones will appear in another skip.
Closed Thread