UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2017, 8:22 am   #21
D_S_J_R
Heptode

Default Re: Hacker headshell cartridge fixing screw.

Not at all, my AP76 uses the same wedge, only the other way round... I have to say I was surprised how good the SC11M is and that also goes for the Garrard/Sonotone 3559 family too. A very 'direct' kind of sound and with higher surface noise than usual with 'magnetic type' cartridges, but hugely entertaining and wonderful on 7" singles which were probably mixed and mastered with these cartridges in mind... Just make sure that a ceramic is loaded correctly if used with modern gear featuring 'Aux' sockets - I've never owned an 'Aux,' but I suspect they must exist somewhere

Dave
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 9:18 pm   #22
barnettiuk
Triode

....something obviously not right, even with the mounting bracket the stylus barely protrudes from the headshell and the stylus flag is fouling the side of it.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	151726  
Old 2nd Nov 2017, 9:53 pm   #23
barnettiuk
Triode

......ignore me......I was warned a bit of packing might be needed......
Closed Thread