UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Oct 2017, 9:43 pm   #21
julie_m
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Black Box howls when switched on

I am away from home right now and can't show you a photo of my test setup, but the basic idea is to use an MP3 player as a signal source to test the operation of the amplifier by connecting the leads that would have used to have gone to one headphone, to the amplifier input instead of the pickup cartridge.
Old 31st Oct 2017, 11:31 am   #22
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Black Box howls when switched on

Not being sure of the output level (mV) from your MP3 player, bear in mind that this might overload the amplifier. Using the Black Box's cartridge will match the amp and give the best basis for a test.