UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jul 2016, 11:25 am   #1
kevcurr63
Retired Dormant Member

Default GEC Muraphone with Unusual Case

Hi to all,
I recently acquired an ivory Muraphone TEL/2M/CWT/1 IVORY, which is the buzzer type, though it’s lacking the capacitor and it must have had a legend plate attached originally. However, one of the reasons I bought it because I thought the case shape for the reciever was unusual, though I might be wrong. I have added a few pics and one of the wiring diagram, if anyone can shed any light on this I would grateful.
Regards
Kev
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	127643   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	127644   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	127645  
Old 20th Jul 2016, 11:57 pm   #2
jjwayle
Tetrode

Default Re: GEC Muraphone with Unusual Case

Suspect that may well be from a ship, the bigger case for the handset to stop it falling off in rough seas and the buzzer would be better than bells with a striker that might annoyingly "ting" the bells with each wave.

Just a thought

Jason
Old 21st Jul 2016, 10:33 am   #3
kevcurr63
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: GEC Muraphone with Unusual Case

Hi Jason, I think that is a distinct possibility and does make sense, having the case like this and a buzzer rather than bells. I'm glad I bought it and once I've a chance I'll work on the internal side to have it working.
Regards
Kev
Closed Thread