UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Dec 2011, 1:19 am   #121
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Stereo valve amp not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Zalmrol View Post
@Herald1630:
Thx for the link.
The device seems nice, but I think it won't give a high quality sound (I think it's more a hype-deviceā€¦).
Hmmm, I suspect the device would probably add less colouration and distortion to the signal than your poor old unloaded power amp did. However, this may well make it sound subjectively less appealing.

Like a guitar amp which is effectively an integral part of the musical instrument, I suspect the particular overload characteristics of your amplifier are part of your own musical experience.

I agree that the construction style of the linked amp is definitely "new age tube"- it would work just as well if not better enclosed in a simple metal case, but at least the price was not as stratospheric as some of the offerings out there!
.........O..Chris....O
Old 27th Dec 2011, 8:46 am   #122
Don_Zalmrol
Hexode

yes, it's something like this but the price is staggering… $ 895'
Old 27th Dec 2011, 10:54 am   #123
Herald1360
Dekatron

'nuff said
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread