UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 28th May 2016, 1:22 pm   #1
mark_in_manc
Octode

Default Browser-forum problems?

hi folks

I wonder if someone who knows more about computers than me might help me out. I have a problem accessing this forum on a 6 or 7 yr old laptop running Windows 7 and Google Chrome. For the last couple of months I have had to re-load pages several times to get the whole page down - frequently only the top 1/3, 1/2 etc of the page loads. When this happens, the links on that part of the page which has downloaded, work - so it is easier to check out what is going on with 'domestic radios', than to have a look in 'items for sale'!

I don't have this problem on any other forum which I frequent; additionally I don't have this problem accessing this forum on a newer machine at work.

I wonder if there are any settings I can adjust at this end to help.

aarrgghh - I had to reload this page 9 times to get down the page as far as the 'submit new thread' button!

Thanks
Mark
Old 28th May 2016, 1:39 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: browser-forum problems?

These symptoms normally indicate a broadband problem, though it's not clear why only this forum would be affected.

The forum has been operating normally. I access it using Lubuntu 14.04 / Firefox or Chromium, WXP / Firefox, W10 / Firefox, Android 4.2 / Pale Moon and Android 4.4 / Pale Moon.
Old 28th May 2016, 2:13 pm   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

As Paul says, everything is OK this end. Have you tried a different browser, even temporarily? Also, are you on WiFi or direct, although it shouldn't matter which normally.
Old 28th May 2016, 2:23 pm   #4
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

I have the same problem during the day with this forum, and other websites.

As Paul suggests in post 2 my issue is due to appallingly slow broadband speeds.

First thing in the morning I can get ~7 Mb/s but during the day I.m down to a crawling 0.3 or so.

This has happened since fibre became available in the village. We are still on copper.
Old 28th May 2016, 2:34 pm   #5
Nuvistor
Dekatron

I have this problem occasionally on the iPad, don't think it's a network problem for this set up.
Restarting the browser and closing any unused applications always sorts it out. Whether it a memory leak in IOS Safari or what I don't know but that routine always sorts it out for a few weeks.
Frank
Closed Thread