UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Nov 2005, 12:38 pm   #1
GJR 11L
Heptode

Default Some pics of my stuff & things of interest

I do hope this is the appropriate place for this:
http://www.***********/photos/wirelessjohn/
I have just started using flickr this morning and will add pics as I get around to uploading them from the camera.

JPB

(I already had a Yahoo i.d. hence I'm not Philsync for the purpose of this exercise)

Oops! The blond, wooden German is not mine! Nor, for that matter, are any of the steam locos! I simply uploaded a whole folder and its contents. The rest of the radio sets are here though!

Last edited by GJR 11L; 4th Nov 2005 at 12:48 pm. Reason: Clarification
Old 4th Nov 2005, 4:19 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Some pics of my stuff!

Nice collection, John. (I presume it's John - always thought you must be Phil)

What is the big German radio, by the way?

How does the website work?

Nick.
Old 4th Nov 2005, 5:05 pm   #3
howard
Nonode

Hello John,

Nice collection, that French radio is really nice ...... by the way if you really want rid of the TR82DL I'll buy it off you cos I haven't got one

Howard
Old 4th Nov 2005, 5:05 pm   #4
GJR 11L
Heptode

Phil is the name preferred, John is the one that appears on my cheques! Not that it's as simple as that, but I answer to either name (and several other forms of address too)!

The flickr photo-sharing thingummy is part of the Yahoo operation, I found the details in the eBay thread about posting pictures and decided to give it a try.

It's dark now, but I'll get many more pictures taken and posted on there over the weekend. Maybe a few more of the shiny things and a picture of the warehouse that used to be the garage.
Old 4th Nov 2005, 5:17 pm   #5
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsync
It's dark now
Blimey, glad I live "down south", ths sun's still shining here (just)
Old 4th Nov 2005, 5:30 pm   #6
GJR 11L
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard
Hello Phil,

Nice collection, that French radio is really nice ...... by the way if you really want rid of the TR82DL I'll buy it off you cos I haven't got one

Howard
Blimey, you haven't got one? how on Earth can a chap buy so many TR82 type sets without a DL figuring in their collection?

Joking apart, I'm actually very fond of that TR82DL, I sold the set last year some time, then a while ago I sold a Sov II to the same, local eBayer who bought the 82DL (one of two here, the other still awaiting a chassis overhaul). I had promised that, if he wanted another radio, I would consider giving a part-ex allowance for the Bush. So back it came but this time it's probably staying around.

You wouldn't want that 82DL though, it's pretty near perfect so you'd get bored having nothing to do!

The little French set is indeed an attractive thing, it's even more green in the flesh than in the pic!

JPB
Old 4th Nov 2005, 5:49 pm   #7
howard
Nonode

Hello John,

Nope, the TR82DL is the only TR82 I havent got, Ive got all the others including 3 TR82CLs (one is still turquoise cos it lived in a dark loft for 40 years) but I have yet to find one like yours ! And a perfect one would be ideal You think I enjoy cleaning up these old radios ?

Howard
Old 4th Nov 2005, 6:05 pm   #8
GJR 11L
Heptode

Howard,
You will be offered first refusal if I do decide to sell the set (again), or when the 2nd TR82DL is done and of merchantable quality. But I am rather fond of the set that couldn't stay away - it's as though that one wants to live here, or is that too daft even for me?
I may get a photo (getting back to the "pics of my stuff") of the garage/laboratory/warehouse posted to flickr tonight in spite of the darkness outside. There's no window in there anyway so it shouldn't make a difference.
Old 4th Nov 2005, 11:21 pm   #9
howard
Nonode

Hello John,

Many thanks !

Howard
Closed Thread